I’m studying and need help with a Psychology question to help me learn.
To prepare for this assignment,
- Select a topic from the approved list that includes various commonly held beliefs.
- Visit the Ashford University Library to locate a minimum of three relevant, Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) that will inform your understanding of the issue from a psychological perspective. Before beginning your writing, verify the scholarly nature of the articles you have chosen. Review the Ashford University Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial for more on how to use the library in the research process.
To complete this activity, produce the following utilizing the Preparing for the Final Paper template:
Part 1: The Annotated Bibliography: An annotated bibliography is a list of relevant scholarly works along with a descriptive and evaluative summary of each. Your annotated bibliography will relate information relevant to your analysis of the selected option provided for the Final Paper. Review the Making an Annotated Bibliography (Links to an external site.) tutorial and Sample Annotated Bibliography (Links to an external site.) for an example of how to complete your assignment.
- Develop an Annotated Bibliography (Links to an external site.), which evaluates each of the three selected sources, appraising the information relevant to the chosen topic (one paragraph per source).
- Do not use direct quotes; instead, paraphrase or summarize, using your own Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) and properly applying in-text citations. Review Quoting, Paraphrasing, & Summarizing (Links to an external site.), APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.), and In-Text Citation Helper (Links to an external site.) for more.
Part 2: The Introduction Paragraph
- Prepare an introductory paragraph that articulates the information you have learned from your review of the literature in the annotated bibliography.
- Your introduction should create context for the topic, provide a concise preview, and conclude with a clear thesis statement identifying your conclusion regarding the veracity of the commonly held belief. Apply academic voice through application of ethical writing strategies. Review Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) and Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.) for more.
Part 3: The (Brief) Outline
- Provide a brief overview of the content you plan to cover, Outlining (Links to an external site.) the major points of the paper.
Part 4: Questions
- List any questions about the Final Paper you may have for your instructor. (If you do not have questions that is okay.)
- Indicate planned future steps necessary to complete the assignment.
The Preparing for the Final Paper: Seeking the Truth assignment
- Must be completed using the Preparing for the Final Paper template.
- Must be three double-spaced pages in length at minimum, excluding the title and reference pages.
- Must be formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)resource.
- Must include a separate title page, as identified in your required template, with the following:
- A header
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.) and Running Head Format for APA Style Papers (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include the introduction paragraph draft that you intend to apply to the Week 5 Final Paper. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.