I’m studying for my English class and need an explanation.
. This assignment should be at least 500 words. Format: MLA-style source documentation a
For this media analysis, you will analyze how one part affects the whole media production. Note that you should select only a single piece of media; you should not be discussing more than one film, for example. You should choose one1 of the following parts to explore:
- Genre: Explain how the production you chose fits into its genre.
- Camera: Analyze how the camera’s use (camera angles, for instance) affects theoverall production.
- Lighting: Describe how lighting is used to enhance or detract from the production.
- Actors/Characters: Analyze how the actors OR the characters themselves enhance ordetract from the production.
- Symbols: Explain what the symbols are and how their usage affects the overallproduction.
- Music: Describe how the music enhances or detracts from the media production.
- Sound Effects: Analyze how the sound effects enhance or detract from theproduction.
- Special Effects: Explain what special effects are used and how they affect the viewingexperience.
- Comparison to a Literary Work: (Note: This option may only be chosen if the film youchose is also in print form.) How are the book and film similar? How are they different? Which is better, and why?Your purpose in this assignment is to explain how or why something works; therefore, you should not include a full summary of the media production. Instead, you can provide context where needed so the reader understands what is happening. The body of the essay mustfocus on your analysis. You can use the ideas contained in the Media Analysis lesson presentation and the Writer’s Handbook link to help you.As with all college writing, your essay should have a strong thesis statement in addition to an introduction, body, and conclusion.Other than your chosen film, television show, and/or book, you are required to cite at least one other credible2 source for this essay. This resource from the course will help you understand more about evaluating sources. Moreover, if you use specific information from the media production and/or print source, such as a quotations, you should include your chosen media source on your Works Cited page, too. Use proper parenthetical citations or signal phrases, and be sure to include MLA documentation and a Works Cited page for this assignment (this resource from the course will help).Review the rubric to see how your work will be assessed on this assignment.Thesis hints: You might use these guidelines in crafting your thesis:If you are analyzing elements in a production:In (add your one chosen production), (add character 1), (add character 2), and (add character 3) were used to (add how they enhanced the production or explained the production’s message).
If you are comparing/contrasting a book and film:(Add book) contained (add one aspect that made the book better than the film), but (add film) used (add one aspect that made the film better than the book) and (add a second aspect that made the film better than the book) to better capture the reader’s imagination.Here are more specific thesis guidelines:If you are analyzing elements in a production:In the movie The Lorax, the characters Lorax, Once-ler, and Alocius O’Hare were used to show how environmentalists are fighting against profit-driven industries that are harming the environment and depleting natural resources.
Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score good grades and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper