Can you help me understand this Law question?
Using a search engine as a resource to locate the full citation for the William T. McGuire New Jersey/Pennsylvania Murder Investigation as identified in the below video clip. Upon identifying the case, please answer the following questions: (Please note, that in this exercise, you can base your final analysis upon various articles and/or opinions gathered via the web. It is not necessary to locate and/or retrieve the final Westlaw and/or LexisNexis case law).
Video is below …
- The complete case name i.e., The State of New Jersey/Pennsylvania v. Melanie McGuire (include appropriate case no.) If the complete citation cannot be located, please include enough information to identify your case i.e., William McGuire murder (2004).
- Include the URL link to the article and/or case site. If more then one resource was used to identify your information please include all sources.
- Identify at least two electronic techniques and/or methods used in your case to identify the information if applicable.
- As a casual observer, do you agree or disagree with the method/technique used to disclose the forensic evidence, please explain your answer.
- Based upon the final ruling/discussion of your case, do you believe the techniques utilized for forensic discovery were ethical on the part of law enforcement?
- Additionally, do we have an obligation in the legal arena to counsel our clients as to their present-day electronic information retention policies?
- Explain why one must always be vigilant about the chain of custody of evidence in criminal cases?
- Scenario: As the ‘LSP’ (Litigation Support Professional) assigned to this case do you agree or disagree with the methods/techniques used to disclose the evidence, please explain your answer.
- True or False: Under ‘Model Rules of Professional Conduct’, does an attorney have the legally and/or ethnical obligation to search a client(s) computer system for production of discoverable electronic information?
- Based upon the final rulings, do you believe the judge assessment of the prosecutor findings concluded decisively that the actives were those of accused Melanie McGuire? Please explain your answer.