Knowledge Management (MGT-403)
Second Semester (2019-2020)
This Assignment is a mini project type assignment.
Assignment is to be submitted by each student individually.
Course Learning Outcomes-Covered
Implement knowledge management cycle processes in organization (Lo 2.2 & 2.5).
Apply elements of core knowledge and learning organization principles (Lo 2.1).
Identify and analyze challenges and issues pertaining to community of practice (Lo 2.7).
- All students are encouraged to use their own words.
- This assignment is individual assignment.
- Be very specific and focused on the issue while answering a question.
- Student must apply Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines and review at least three (3) scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles to support their answer for each question or concept.
- A mark of zero will be given for any submission that includes copying from other resource without referencing it.
- No marks will be given for irrelevant details.
- It is strongly encouraged that you should submit all assignments into the safe assignment Originality Check prior to submitting it to your instructor for grading.
- If the assignment shows more than 25% plagiarism, the students would be graded zero.
Assignment Title: Knowledge management cycle process in organizations and significance communities of practice
Note: Each question/concept/ topic must be supported with peer reviewed journalreferences.
- Provide brief description about knowledge management processes in organizations. (1 Mark)
- Explain the concept of organizational learning and describe the link between individual and organizational leaning. (2 Marks)
- Describe role of organizational culture in knowledge management. (2 Marks)
- Describe the concept of community. Describe its key components. (1 Mark)
- Discuss how communities can be linked to organizational memory in order to foster organizational learning and innovation. (2 Marks)
- Highlight some of the key steps you would need to carry out in order to conduct social network analysis of an organization.What sort of questions could the social network analysis answer? (2 Marks)