I need help with a English question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
For this timed writing, you will need to write a complete (short) essay of 600-800 words based on the two short articles I have provided. Your task is to read the articles and respond to my prompt.
You will have 120 minutes to complete the essay. Once you begin, you may NOT go back to it; it needs to be completed in one sitting. No exceptions. I will not accept essays through email or after the due date.
You will need to write your answer on a Word or Pages file and upload the file to submit.
Your essay should have:
- An introduction with a hook, background information and a thesis that directly respond to my prompt
- A minimum of 2 (and up to 3) PIE body paragraphs with a clear Point that is an opinion, Information that is properly introduced quotes from the articles and Explanation that is thorough and connects the reader back to the point.
- Transitions to help the reader move through different paragraphs and examples.
- A conclusion that restates your thesis and provides a final thought.
- Do not worry about MLA formatting for this timed draft.
***You are not allowed to use ANY outside sources for this essay. That includes other articles, any form of translator, any other person, Grammarly and so on. If you use any outside sources, you will receive a 0 on the assignment.***
Once you have carefully read both articles, write a short essay (600-800 words) that answers the prompt below.
- Do you think social media will help or hurt students’ college and career goals?
Your essay should include:
- An introduction with a hook, background information and a thesis that directly answers my prompt
- 2-3 body paragraphs that follow PIE structure, starting with a Point that is an opinion, using quotes from the articles as Information and Explaining the quotes thoroughly.
- A conclusion that restates the thesis and gives a final thought.
Submit your Essay for grading. Be mindful of the clock. I will not accept any essays past the 2 hour time limit or by email. Remember to do your best, as your grade on this will not change.
Also, remember that using any outside sources is forbidden and will result in a 0 on this assignment.