Born in Blood and Fire
I’m studying for my History class and need an explanation.
1. Why was the victory of the Sandinistas in Nicaragua during the late 1970s possible?
a. Cuba assisted them.
b. A widespread rebellion began when the Somozas killed a prominent conservative journalist.
c. The United States withdrew military aid to Somoza’s National Guard.
d. They joined forces with Guatemala, El Salvador, and other Central American nations.
2. Which of the following was a direct consequence of the breakup of the Soviet Union?
a. It left the United States as the world champion of capitalism and only superpower in the world of a new line of thought.
b. Russia became the world champion of communism.
c. It promoted socialism in Latin America.
d. It created a rebellion against the Russian Royalty.
3. Which statement best describes the situation in Chile during the 1990s?
a. Chile enjoyed low inflation, good credit, steady growth, and diversified exports.
b. Chile defaulted in its foreign debt.
c. Chile had never had a dictator in power.
d. Chile suffered from high inflation and bad credit.
4. Which of the following was a direct consequence of neoliberalism?
a. low unemployment rates
b. high unemployment rates
d. high tariffs
5. Which of the following concepts did the “new left” reject?
a. the free market
b. social distribution
6. Which of the following statements best describes Fernando Henrique Cardoso?
a. a Marxist sociology professor who ruled Brazil with an iron fist
b. a Marxist sociology professor who inspired a generation of social scientists
Which leader of the Argentine junta argued that the March 1976 coup was necessary because it marked “the final closing of a historical cycle and the opening of a new one whose fundamental characteristic will be manifested by the reorganization of the nation?”
b. Orlando Agosti
What was the event in 1978 that gave the junta “political space” to continue with “El Proceso” until the end of the decade?
Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score good grades and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper