I don’t know how to handle this Nutrition question and need guidance.
Carbohydrates are one of the most important macronutrients. Yet, this is the nutrient that has so much incorrect information about it. From your readings in the text and the PPT, answer the following questions about carbohydrates:
- Why are carbohydrates considered our most valuable energy source and which food groups are the primary sources of carbohydrates in our diets?
- What is the role of carbohydrates in the body? How does the body respond when too little carbohydrate is consumed? In what form are carbohydrates absorbed, and what happens to these compounds after absorption?
- What are the mechanisms by which blood glucose levels are maintained within a narrow range? How can the glycemic index be applied in meal planning? What are some important functions of fiber?
- What is the recommended intake of total carbohydrates per day? How much fiber is recommended each day? How does this compare to your dietary intake tracking that you have been doing this week?
Choose your favorite restaurant that you tend to go to often. Identify the top three items that are the healthiest choices and the top three items that are the least healthiest. You must include nutritional information about the items you have listed.
Take a look at the dietary requirements of fat, including the percentage of total intake, unsaturated vs saturated facts, and Omega-3 vs Omega-6.
1) Discuss the dietary recommendations of lipids, in detail, as you understand it from this week’s readings, video’s, and PPT.
2) Take your discuss on lipids one step further and look at lipid’s effect on cardiovascular disease risk. The book/PPT list 10 risk factors. Discuss each of risk factors and the things you can do to reduce your risk for some of them.