College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
|Course Name: Organizational Behavior||Student’s Name:|
|Course Code: MGT301||Student’s ID Number:|
|Academic Year: 1441/1442 H|
For Instructor’s Use only
|Instructor’s Name: Dr xxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|Students’ Grade: 00 / 05||Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low|
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented; marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Course Learning Outcomes-Covered
|1||Assess challenges of effective organizational communication and share information within the team in professional manner. (CLO4)(PLO-2.1)|
Colquitt, J. A., LePine, J. A., & Wesson, M. J. (2019). Organizational behaviour: Improving performance and commitment in the workplace (6th ed). Burr Ridge, IL: McGraw-Hill Irwin.
Case Study: –
Please read the case “Microsoft” from Chapter 12 “Teams :Processes and Communication” Page: – 400 given in your textbook – Organizational behaviour: Improving performance and commitment in the workplace (6th ed). by Colquitt, J. A., LePine, J. A., & Wesson, M. J. (2019) and Answer the following Questions:
- Describe how the building redesign is likely to influence process gain and process loss in the team Microsoft. (1.25 Marks ) (Min words 150-200)
- Describe how the change at Microsoft have likely influenced team states. (1.25 Marks ) (Min words 150-200)
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the building redesign with respect to communication? What can be done to mitigate potential disadvantage. (1.25 Marks ) (Min words 200)
Discussion question: Page: – Please read Chapter 12 “Teams: Processes and Communication” carefully and then give your answers on the basis of your understanding.
- Think of a team you’ve worked in the performed poorly. Were any of the causes of the poor performance related to the forces that tend to create process loss? If so, which forces was most problematic? What steps, if any, did your team take to deal with the problem? (1.25 Marks ) (Min words 200-300)
Important Note: – Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles.
Due date for the submission of Assignment:- 2
- Assignment-2 should posted in the Black Board by end of Week-09.
- The due date for the submission of Assignment-2 is end of Week-11.