I’m studying for my Nursing class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
- Read Finkelman (2016), Chapter 13: Improving Teamwork: Collaboration, Coordination, and Conflict Resolution, section on Negotiation and Conflict Resolution, pp. 324-333
- Write a 5-7 page paper (not including the title or References pages). Follow APA format. Cite the course textbook and two scholarly sources.
- Scholarly references must be published within the last 5 years, from the Chamberlain library only and must provide the permalink.
- Observe nurses in a care delivery setting. Identify a recurring conflict with the potential to negatively impact patient care.
- Provide details of what happened, including who was involved, what was said, where it occurred, and what was the outcome that led you to decide the conflict was unresolved.
- REVIEW AND DISCUSS the four stages of conflict as found in Finkelman. IDENTIFY AND EXPLAIN how the stages of conflict relate to the example in your workplace. Do not use direct quotes.
- Describe how you would collaborate with a nurse leader to reach consensus on the best strategy to deal with the conflict. Besides the textbook, the paper needs to summarize conflict resolutions from two scholarly articles.
- Describe the rationale for selecting the best strategy.
- Provide a summary or conclusion about this experience or assignment and how you may deal with conflict more effectively in the future.
Finkelman, A. (2016). Leadership and management for nurses: Core competencies for quality care (3rd ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.