Culture and Parenting
I’m studying for my Writing class and need an explanation.
Professionals working with children and families typically receive cultural competency training; however, such training rarely includes the influence of culture on family dynamics and child rearing practices (Johnson, Radesky, & Zuckerman 2013). As a professional working with diverse families it is important to consider the influence of culture on parenting. For this discussion, you will be evaluating, “How much of how we parent is dictated by our culture?”
* It is important to note that cultural patterns do not represent all people in a community.*
To prepare for this discussion
- Reading Chapter 6 of the course text
- Read Promoting Healthy Parenting Practices Across Cultural Groups: A CDC Research Brief (Links to an external site.)
In your initial post
- Discuss three general findings in the research brief about cultural parenting patterns.
- Explain, using Table 1 on page 8 of the research brief, three different cultural patterns regarding what parents consider to be good behavior among children.
- Explain, using Table 1 on page 9 of the research brief, three different cultural patterns regarding what parents consider to be bad behavior among children.
- Evaluate the information you have gained and answer the question, “How much of how we parent is dictated by our culture?”
Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score good grades and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper