The first question is concerning topics in Emerging Adulthood: LET’S TALK RELATIONSHIPS
- Is the divorce rate actually 50% as we often hear?
- Discuss what makes for a happy and satisfying relationship?
- Does cohabitation before marriage increase the likelihood of staying together?
- Discuss domestic abuse. What is it? Are there different types of abuse? What are the symptoms?
- How prevalent is domestic abuse? What age group does it affect most? (You may need to do your own research outside of our textbook for this info.)
- What did you learn (new or that stood out to you) in researching the information for this discussion? Please share with us!
- What do you consider to be the take home points from this topic based on what you learned in the text (and from your experience if you wish to share)?
The second question is concerning topics in Adulthood: LET’S TALK MARRIAGE
- Is marriage beneficial? How so? How not?
- Later on in marriage seems to be more blissful according to the research. Did it just miraculously get this way over time?
- Does time help abusive relationships improve?
- Does sharing the same religion help improve a couple’s chance of a happy marriage?
- Discuss the impact of divorce.
- Did you learn anything new on this topic that stood out to you? Please share with us!
- What do you consider to be the take home points from this topic based on what you learned in the text (and from experience if you wish to share)?
** Remember that you should be working to connect your answers with information from our textbook in a way that demonstrates your understanding and ability to integrate concepts from our textbook in a meaningful and scholarly way (with page number/author or proper citations for outside works throughout your main post minimally). **