- Discussion Participation Scoring Guide.
Identify the key dilemmas the researcher in the media piece, Research Proposal: Ethics and Data Collection faced and describe why they posed ethical concerns. In addition, based on your readings in this unit discuss some of the ethical issues that might arise in your proposed research study.
Respond to the posts of two of your peers. In your responses, do one of the following:
- Ask a probing question.
- Offer a suggestion.
- Elaborate on a particular point.
Be sure to support your responses with the course readings and resources. Remember to use APA citations and references when referring to perspectives that are not your own.
Use your Understanding Research text to complete the following:
- Chapter 1, “Writing for the Behavioral and Social Sciences,” pages 9–20.
- Chapter 8, Section 8.04, “Complying With Ethical, Legal, and Policy Requirements,” page 321.
Visit iGuide to read the following:
- Capella’s IRB Policies.
- Informed Consent.
- Conflict of Interest.
- Capella’s Discrimination, Harassment, and Assault Policy.
- Capella’s Academic Honesty Policy.
- Click Research Proposal: Ethics and Data Collection to view the media piece.
Optional Internet Resources
You may find the following useful:
- Belmont Report.
- Code of Federal Regulations.