When most people think of the careers in education, they default to a classroom teacher. In the past decade, the education arena has broadened to offer a wide array of career opportunities.
Use the World Wide Web to research career options within the education arena. Consider these three things:
- The “WHY” you identified. (Week 1).
- How the “Six Pillars of Character” come into play as educators relate to their students (week 2).
- The education level which interests you (early childhood, elementary, middle school, high school, adult).
Other than classroom teacher, identify one alternate career path which might interest you.
As you share your findings with your classmates, include the following:
- A description of the position and its duties.
- Where would one expect to work if employed in this position?
- The minimum level of education required to serve in that position.
- The skills and experience required to serve in that position.
- The salary range advertised for the position.
Text: Hall, G.E., Quinn, L.F., & Gollnick, D.M. (2014). Introduction to teaching: Making a difference in student learning. Los Angeles: Sage Publishing.