I’m studying for my Writing class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
The steps below may prove helpful when analyzing historical and geographic photographs:
- Take the time to look, observe and write a preliminary description of the photograph.
- Then, think about the formal attributes of the image, such as the vantage point from which photo was taken—the shapes, textures, composition—how time is represented.
- Make inferences based on what you see or speculate about the meaning of details.
- Make use of all these observations to think more deeply about the context of the photograph and/or the photographer’s intensions
- Choose two photos from collections accessed through the link (Links to an external site.) below and fill out worksheet questions on each.Go to drop-down menu on bottom right of screen to choose collections of photographs to view.