I don’t know how to handle this History question and need guidance.
THESIS SHOULD BE A QUESTION YOU COME UP WITH THAT IS AN ISSUE YOU FIND SIGNIFICANT THAT CAN BE RELATED TO THE PROMT… VIEW GUIDELINES BELOW TO SEE
below I will attach primary source, secondary source, paper guidelines. DONT FORGET THAT YOUR THESIS SHOULD BE A QUESTION THAT HAS REASON 1,2, AND 3. MAKE SURE THE PRIMARY SOURCE IS USED TO BACK UP THESIS. PRIMARY SOURCE IS THE METAMORPHOSES
- Narrow the broad question to an issue that you find significantin the specific texts/time/place which you are analyzing
- Write a thesis that takes a stand on the issue you’ve identified, including all the parts of the thesis, as specified in the Writing Assignment Overview (opposition, subject, assertion, reasons)
- Support the assertion with at least 3 reasonsyou draw from analyzing the text(s)
- Support your reasons with evidence from the text(s): quote, paraphrase, and summarize the text(s) as needed to demonstrate your points
- Consider and address an alternative view of the issue, the counterargument (opposition)
- Cite your sourcesfor all ideas and words you use from any source
- Use primary source to support thesis (Metamorphosis) and secondary source can be used
- Thesis format: Although X (counterargument), this paper will argue Y (thesis) because Reason 1, 2,3
- Thesis should be a question you come up with that is related to the initial prompt: In the first few weeks of the quarter, MMW 12 explores socio-political transitions from the Roman Republic to the Roman Empire along with major cultural changes, including the rise to dominance of Christianity over other religious beliefs in the Mediterranean world. Reflecting on such transitions, how did political power and religious ideas affect one another?
Choose 1-2 texts from the assigned course readings in Weeks 1-3 for your MMW 12 lecture track to address this question, tailoring the question to the text(s) you choose. You will need to ground your analysis in one or two specific text(s), and focus your argument on those text(s).
include counter argument and rebuttal make sure to paraphrase many quoted from the primary source that can be used to support your thesis
USE QUOTES AS EVIDENCE, PARAPHRASE!!