I have questions on act 1 of Death of a salesmen
- Based on the short flashback of the “Woman,” how would you describe Willy’s relationship with her? Furthermore, why do you think Arthur Miller, the author, inserted this scene in the middle of Willy’s conversation with Linda?
- How would you describe Willy and Charley’s relationship? Why does Willy treat him the way he does?
- How does Ben make Willy feel about himself? What quality in Ben does Willy want for himself? For his sons?
- Why is Willy so confident that Happy and Biff’s business plan will work? Why does Willy himself need their plan to work?
- Act the beginning of Act II, what kind of mood does the music immediately suggest? Why does the scene open with this mood? Compare this mood with the mood at the end of Act I.