Please answer the following questions. Give detailed answers concerning the steps you would take to complete the analyses. Output to answer the questions are below. 1. Explain step-by-step how you would compute boxplots for the variables: lecture and numeracy. (4 points)
- Looking at the output below, do either of these variables appear to have outliers? If so, what are the values of the outlier?
- What do you suggest should be done about the outlier(s)?
2. Explain step-by-step how you would compute histograms that also include the plot of the normal curve on them for the two variables: exam and computer. What do these tell you about the distributions of each variable? (4 points)
3. Explain step-by-step how you would compute P-P plot for the variables lecture and numeracy. What does the output of the P-P plots show you? (4 points)
4. Explain step-by-step how you would compute the K-S Statistic for both lecture and numeracy. What does the output of the KS tests tell you? (4 points)
5. Looking at the data from #3, #4, #5, what does this tell you about the distribution of the variables. Do you need to worry about these variables? Why or why not? (4 points).