I’m studying for my Marketing class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
Write down at least three most important messages to your target market. Remember that your target market is motivated by”
- Social acceptance (“everyone in this group is doing it”)
Ensure that we know why you are using the message such as
- Capture Attention
- Capture Emotion
- Story Telling
- Hero’s story
- Marketing Story
- Pivotal Moment Story
- Capture Understanding
- “Fresh Hot Pizza Delivered in 30 Minutes or Less” – Domino’s Pizza
“Where it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight” – FedEx.
“We’re number two. We try harder.” Avis
“The milk chocolate melts in your mouth, not in your hand.” – M&M
“A diamond is forever.” – De Beer’s
- benefit that is a promise with meaningful specifics – with a guarantee. If you define your USP narrowly, it will give you a stronger appeal.
- Meaningful specifics mean that you specify the benefit. Look at Domino’s example: They are not going to deliver your pizza “sometime” but within 30 minutes. It has a specific timeframe. They are taking two benefits that are what clients hate about delivered pizza. They hate it when it’s cold, and they hate it when it’s late.
- You need to have meaningful specifics in your USP. The meaning will be a benefit to your ideal customer, client or patient.
- The last part is a guarantee. If you can guarantee an outcome that your ideal prospect will love, use that in your USP.
- Should be clear what impact the message is intended to have on the target market customer
Write down at least three media channels that are most important to your target market and why. Examples include:
- Social Media (which social media specifically)
- Trade Shows
- TV Shows
- Public Relations (getting others to talk about you…who and where)
- Search Engine Marketing
- Search Networks (Pay per Click)
- Display Networks (Banner Ads)
- Speaking Opportunities
- Awards & Recognition
- Direct Mail
- Content Marketing (video, articles, youtube channels…)
Specify whether your choices are Owned Media, Paid Media, or Earned Media
- Should list media channel’s importance to customer
Write down what is most important to your target market about your marketing mix:
- Product (Features, benefits, design…)
- Place (where and how they buy)
- increase awareness
- create interest
- generate sales
- create brand loyalty (separate yourselves from others)
- Should list order of target market preference for Product, Price, Place, and Promotion
- Should include explanation of why target market has that preference
ill attached the previous assignment to make it easy