Mental Illness as a Social Problem
Your Final Paper should include a problem statement or description ofthe social problem you have selected, a discussion of the scope andconsequences of the problem, and an assessment of society’s responses tothe problem (including public policies and other less formalresponses). Papers should also present a clearly reasoned alternativethat is supported by scholarly research.
While the following example can be modified to suit your needs, usingthis outline as a guide will likely result in a high quality finalpaper:
- Describe the social problem.
- Explain why this problem qualifies as a social problem.
- Indicate the sociological theory or theories that may explain this social problem.
- Discuss the individual and social implications of this problem.Your discussion of implications should be supported by accurate researchdata.
- Summarize what social science experts have to say about this social problem. Are their conclusions methodologically sound?
- Explain what we, as a society, have done about this problem, considering public policies and other less formal responses.
- Explain how well societal efforts to solve the social problem are working.
- Describe an alternative.
- Discuss why the alternative is, or can be, an effective responseto the problem. Remember to consider negative consequences of thealternative response.
- Conclude with reflections and thoughts about your chosen social problem.
- Must be five to seven double-spaced pages in length, and formattedaccording to APA style
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement
- Must document all sources in APA style
Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score good grades and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper