- Minimum of 1 new scholarly source, peer reviewed
- Link (multimedia presentation): Citing References in Text (Links to an external site.)
- Link (website): APA Citation and Writing (Links to an external site.)
Initial Post Instructions
Find an academic source to back up your opposition’s point of view. This is a new source, in addition to the source you located last week.( it was pro article that I sent you on GM foods)
Part 2: Application
Anticipating readers’ objections is one way to determine what other sections to include and support in your paper. Practice writing a counterargument that applies the Toulmin model. Incorporate one of the new sources you have gathered to present your opposition’s point. Strive for at least 5 developed sentences. Cite your source in APA format.
- Grounds / 1st Counterargument (your opposition’s point)
- Backing (establish credibility of the source)
- Warrant (evidence)
- Possible concession / conclusion
Answer the following prompts:
- How were you able to remain objective while presenting the opponent’s point of view?
- What challenges did you face obtaining evidence to back up the assertion?
- Which conciliatory approach did you apply and why?
- How was it effective?