Instructions â€“ PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (Both WORD and PDF format) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
- Please read the case study entitled as â€œAmazon. comâ€™s Network Structure.â€ available in the textbook â€œOrganization Development & Changeâ€ 9th edition by Cummings, T and Worley, C and answer the following questions:
Department of Business Administration
Organization Design and Development- MGT 404
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate and analyze the organizational structure and the capability with organizationâ€™s strategies. (Lo 1.6 & 2.2)
- Define the human, structural and strategic dimensions of the organizational development (Lo 1.5 & 3.1)
- Be sure to use at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed reference in support of each answer and also incorporate the key concepts from the course.
- This Assignment comprise of a Case study.
- Assignment is to be submitted by each student individually.
- Q.1 Explain how following a network-based structure is advantageous to Amazon in terms of conducting its business activities. Support your answer by using two examples from this case study (2.5 marks) (Lo 1.6 & 2.2)
- Q.2 Discuss the potential challenges that could be facing Amazon as a result of following a network-based structure. Support your answer by using two examples from this case study (2.5 marks) (Lo 1.6 & 2.2)
- Q.3 Based on comparing product-centric with customer-centric structures, explain how could Amazon.com empower its business partners that are seeking to centralize their organization on either one of those structures (3 marks) (Lo 1.5 & 3.1)
- Q.4 What would you recommend as potential core processes if Amazon has decided to follow a process-based structure? Explain and justify three of those processes (2 Marks) (Lo 1.5 & 3.1)