I don’t understand this Law question and need help to study.
As you read in Chapter 4 of The Mismeasure of Crime (attached), several forms of self-report studies are reviewed. One of those studies included the Arrestee Drug Abuse Monitoring (ADAM) program, which was established by the National Institute of Justice to monitor drug use among arrestees in many jurisdictions of the United States. According to the authors, one of the main benefits of self-report studies in research is as a source of information provided by individuals based on their behavior, unfiltered by any official or judicial process. This self-study process was developed in an effort to counteract what were considered systematic biases and distortions in the data collected about crime from official measures. The ADAM study was based on data collected by interviewers interviewing arrestees who had been jailed or booked less than 48 hours for various drug offenses. This study fits into the self-report category because its subjects are focused in a group that was geared to provide more targeted information based on their known drug use.
For this assignment, you will access the 2008 ADAM II Annual Report, (attached). Select one illicit drug (for example, marijuana) for your research and respond following the instructions below.
- Analyze differences in the use of this drug across the 10 cities in the ADAM report, based on your research of the ADAM study.
- Explain why the rates of use of the particular substance selected are higher or lower in some cities as compared to others.
- Specify what methodology was used to study the validity of self-reported drug consumption from ADAM studies.
- Explore some of the important effects of under-reporting.
- Written communication: Must be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Resources and citations: Format according to APA guidelines.
- Required page count: 3–5, not including the cover page or the references page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score good grades and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper