PART 1 Q & A format- 250-350 words words each, 1 resource each
1. Read the “Social Communication Deficits in Conduct Disorder: A Clinical and Community Survey” article in the required readings. What type of research method was used? What questions/hypotheses were being evaluated? What methods were used in the study to obtain results, and describe how they were summarized and organized.
Read “Social Communication Deficits in Conduct Disorder: A Clinical and Community Survey,” by Gilmour, Hill, Place, and Skuse, from the Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry (2004).
2. Identify and discuss one possible research project, it can be anything. What problem are you attempting to address with the research topic? What are your research questions and hypotheses? Identify your variables being explored in your proposed research topic.
Directions: Provide short answers of 100-150 words each for the following questions/statements. Do not exceed 200 words for your response. Use the textbook, and any other scholarly resources to support your responses. Include at least two to three peer-reviewed journal articles beyond the textbook and course readings.
1. What is the definition of and the core meaning of research literacy as it relates to counseling psychology?
2 .What specific methods would you utilize in beginning your review of the literature within counseling research? Discuss the steps and rationale for conducting a review of the literature. Include specific examples related to the methods and steps for conducting a review of the counseling literature in your response.
3. Read â€œSelf-Maintenance Therapy in Alzheimerâ€™s Disease,â€ located in the reading materials.
4. How would you define Evidence-Based Practice (EBP)? Discuss the inherent strengths and limitations of EBP. Be sure to include your comments regarding what is meant by â€œvalidity of treatments.â€
5. Watch the Objectivity and subjectivity in social research video. What are the issues of objectivity and subjectivity as they relate to methodological issues in conducting counseling research?
6. What makes a counseling treatment empirically supported and validated? Include the description of at least two empirically supported and validated treatments from the course textbook and readings in your response. Include the mental health conditions that are treated by the empirically supported and validated treatments identified.
7. What were the variables under investigation by this study? What methods were used to obtain the studyâ€™s sample? What specific measurements were used to assess or analyze the studyâ€™s variables? Discuss any potential methodological problems in this study. Include specific examples in your response.