Technical Project "Designing VB Applications Across Multiple Platforms"
Technical Project “Designing VB Applications Across Multiple Platforms”
This assignment will contain two (2) Parts: Written Paper and Visual Basic Prototype. The Visual Basic Prototype is not included in the total page count but is included in the evaluation of your assignment. You must submit both parts for the completion of this assignment.
Imagine you are a senior systems architect who has recently been given the task to develop a personal calendar system across multiple Microsoft platforms. You will develop a technical paper and Visual Basic prototype to senior management for project acceptance.
The personal calendar system runs on the following area:
- Windows XP and Windows 7 (desktop)
- Web IIS (Web browser)
You have also been asked to implement VB best practices to help improve the efficiency of solving IT issues that end users frequently experience. Your first task is to ensuring a consistent look across each platform.
Part 1: Written Paper
1. Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper in which you:
a. List and describe three (3) naming conventions and programming conventions that you can implement to help improve the software design across multiple platforms.
b. Develop a calendar and scheduling system that:
i. Runs with Windows 7 and sync data.
ii. Runs with Web application access.
iii. Includes at least two (2) supplemental graphical renderings of best practice methods through the use of Excel, Visio, MS Project, or one of their equivalents such as Open Project, Dia, and OpenOffice (flowcharts, process diagrams, tables, etc.). Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
c. Use Microsoft Office as an example of common screen design. Word and Excel have very similar looks when you want to save a file. Your design should have a similar concept. The look (color, font, layout) should look the same in Windows as it does on Web applications. The calendar should work with the same functions on all hardware. Create a common screen design for all different hardware views.
d. Imagine you need to present IT troubleshooting best practices to junior systems administrators at an IT department meeting to ensure departmental efficiency with solving issues. You want to present some of these issues from a case scenario perspective. Explain the specific IT administration activities required to fix the system.
e. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Excel, Visio, MS Project, or one of their equivalents such as Open Project, Dia, and OpenOffice. The completed diagrams/charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
Part 2: Visual Basic Prototype
2. Develop calendar screens for Windows and the Web in which you:
a. Create a Visual Basic prototype that has screens for Windows and Web. Include:
i. the calendar.
ii. navigation buttons.
iii. edit buttons (add, delete, and edit).
b. Submit one (1) screen shot for Windows and Web application.
c. Submit the Visual Basic code for each screen.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Design sophisticated, professional programs by using arrays and files that handle data and to make programs more robust by defining classes and using the power of inheritance.
- Construct Visual Basic programs in a response to common business problems.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in Visual Basic programming.
- Write clearly and concisely about Visual Basic programming using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric can be found here.
Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score good grades and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper