Watch the Bonnie Bassler TED Talk on ‘How Bacteria Communicate”.
Answer the following questions:
1. Explain how the human body could be considered 90% prokaryotic.
2. How does Vibrio fischeri control bioluminescence?
3. What is Pseudomonas aeruginosa and why is it difficult to control and treat infections caused by this organisms?
4. Define pathogenicity and virulence.
5. What are anti-quorum sensing molecules and what might they replace someday?
Bacterial Quorum Sensing: Go over the following Click and Learn HHMI Activity
Answer the following question
What sort of genetic mutations might affect the quorum sensing system? Explain.