The Value of Studying Ethics in Leadership
Choose one of the following statements and argue your position (are you in favor or opposed to the statement). You should use at least three credible sources from texts or journals to support your argument.
- We can become more ethical leaders by examining cases of unethical leadership.
- The most important quality a leader should have is authenticity.
- Incompetent leaders can’t be ethical leaders.
- It is possible to use transformational leadership strategies to reach unethical objectives.
- An action or a decision cannot be ethical unless a leader reaches it using ethical processes.
- Traditional leadership theories and moral standards are not adequate to help employees solve complex organizational issues.
When replying to fellow students, provide some counterpoints and sources for the counterarguments and consider how any of the points made impact the positions taken by yourself and others.