Documentary Film Assessment: Freedom Summer
- Watch the film Freedom Summer [53 minutes]
- Answer the assessment questions for the film
- What was the reaction from Southern police towards the Civil Rights protest?
- Why was television such a powerful medium to display what was happening in the South?
- According to the film, how often could white people register to vote in contrast to African Americans?
- Describe some of the methods of intimidation used by southern whites.
- Why did Lefty disguise his identity as revealed by his daughters at the end of the film?
Here is the link to the video.