In your paper, address the following items:
- Provide a full APA citation for the article you are reviewing. Article File is downloaded below!
- Provide a brief introduction in which you discuss the background of the study and state the authorâ€™s purpose.
- Briefly summarize the authorâ€™s major ideas, concepts, and key points.
- Explain how the article informs and contributes to the analysis of your chosen topic (Student Retention). Were any previous ideas you had on the subject changed, abandoned, or reinforced due to this article?
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages and appendices) and formatted according to APA style
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Title of paper
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- Must use at least one scholarly source in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. See as well the Evaluating Sources (Links to an external site.) tutorial from the Ashford University Library. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for an assignment. The Integrating Research (Links to an external site.) tutorial will offer further assistance with including supporting information and reasoning.
- Must apply APA style to document within your writing where you found information, quotes, and research as outlined in the Ashford Writing Centerâ€™s resource on Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style.