Because I wanted us to start thinking about word choice when we are writing as this is one of the key parts of connecting to our audience, we are going to watch a TED on language habits.
After you have watched the TED Talk, respond to the following questions:
- What is Pinker’s purpose and intended audience?
- What kind of rhetorical strategies do you see the speaker use here?
- Think about your own language habits. What have you learned about them after listening to this talk.
- What was your biggest takeaway or AHA moment from this Talk? What interested you or surprised you the most?
“What Our Language Habits Reveal” | Steven Pinker
- Your initial response should be about 150-300 words per question.