Quality Care, Early Intervention, and the Law
This Assignment addresses the following course outcome:
CE101-2: Explain how individual state standards and laws have an effect on preschools and child care centers.
Go to Doc Sharing and download the CE101 Unit 6 Assignment Quality Care Early Intervention and the Law Template onto your computer. Please be sure to use the “Save as” feature and store the file using your first initial, last name, course number and the title of the assignment. Example: Jdoe_CE101 Unit 6 State Law and Early Intervention Assignment.
For help creating PowerPoint presentations, review the KU Writing Center’s article: Creating Effective PowerPoints:
Slide 1: Title slide with identifying information.
Slide 2: Introduction and Career Goal
- Introduce yourself
- Reason for taking this class
- Career Goal
- How will you use information in your career or as a parent?
Click to Add Notes for Slide 2: Write a paragraph explaining the four bulleted topics with more detail. Please check your spelling and grammar. Remember, to write in complete sentences throughout the assignment. All bulleted phrases on each slide should be fully explained in the paragraphs in the click to add notes section of your PPT.
Slide 3: Child Care Licensing Laws <insert name of your state>
- Educational requirements of director of child care facility
- Educational requirements for other staff employed in child care facility
- Child to Adult Ratios for infants and children
- Training or Workshops Needed for all staff/director
Click to Add Notes for Slide 3: Write a paragraph here explaining the four bulleted phrases in more detail. Explain fully the bulleted points in your paragraph. Please use an in-text citation here and a full reference on your reference slide. Please note this information was researched in your Unit 3 Discussion.
Slide 4: Early Intervention <Insert Name of State Here>
- Define Early Intervention
- Share one fact about your state’s early intervention services and the role of the parent.
- Share a second fact about your state’s early intervention services and the services provided.
- Share a third fact about your state’s early intervention services and role of the early childhood professional.
Click to Add Notes for Slide 4: Write a paragraph here on the state’s early intervention service program. Each bullet above should be fully explained in your paragraph. Please do not forget to use an in-text citation here and a full reference on your reference slide.
Review Chapter 5 (pages 126-128) in your Digital Book, Foundations and Best Practices in Early Childhood for information about inclusion, IEPs, and IFSPs.
Read Chapter 6 in your Digital Book, Foundations and Best Practices in Early Childhood Education, which will give you an introduction early intervention and Head Start.
Use an internet search to find out about the early intervention services provided in your state.
Slide 5: Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP)
- Define Federal law that provides for IFSP.
- List one benefit to families and how noted on the IFSP.
- List one benefit for child and how services fit in with the IFSP.
- Role of Service Coordinator in administrating the IFSP.
Click to Add Notes for Slide 5: Write a paragraph here. Explain in paragraph form the Individual Service plan and what it entails for children and families with special needs. Each bullet above should be fully explained in your paragraph. Please include the role of the service coordinator in serving the child and family with an IFSP in place.
Resources to learn about IFSP and Service Coordination:
Nebraska’s IFSP’s Web. (n.d.) What is an IFSP? Retrieved fromhttp://www.ifspweb.org/what_is.html
Nebraska’s IFSP’s Web. (n.d.) Services Coordination. Retrieved from http://www.ifspweb.org/coordination.html
Slide 6: Conclusion
- Quality care for young children
- Laws that apply to improve care in early childhood settings
- Early Intervention Services
- What this means to early childhood providers
Click to Add Notes for Slide Six: Write a conclusion here and share about your state’s role in providing quality care to young children. Share about the laws, regulation, and early intervention services that contribute to this care and what this means to early childhood providers. If applicable, tie in your career goals here. If not, please explain what this means to early childhood providers. Remember, each bullet above should be fully explained in your paragraph.
Slide 7: References
Please list the full references for all of the resources used in this PowerPoint.
Remember to add supporting citations making connections to your reading for Unit 6.