M03 Assignment: PROSECUTORS AND DEFENSE ATTORNEYS
THE ASSIGNMENT: Students will read Chapter 6, Prosecutors, and Chapter 7, Defense Attorneys, in our textbook and respond to the questions posed below.
Respond to the following questions:
- Explain the difference between the Solicitor General and a U.S. Attorney.
- Explain the difference between horizontal prosecution and vertical prosecution.
- Should prosecutors be subject to civil liability when they engage in misconduct? Support your opinion!
- Choose several U.S. Supreme Court decisions that pertain to the right to court-appointed counsel for indigent defendants and explain the significance of each.
- What is the test for proving a claim of ineffective assistance of counsel?
- Are indigent defendants at a disadvantage by being represented by court-appointed attorneys compared to privately retained attorneys? Support your opinion!
THE PURPOSE: Synthesize differences between prosecutors and defense attorneys.
THE PAPER: Here are the minimum requirements:
- Cover page: In the following identifiers: Studentâ€™s name, Course Name, Assignment number and name, Instructorâ€™s name, Date.
- Header: Single-spaced, aligned to the right.
- Body of the paper: Double-spaced.
- Font: 12 point font, Times New Roman or Arial, black print.
- Paper length: No minimum length, but students should respond fully and completely to all questions posed.
- Sources: Cited both within the body of the paper and in a Works Cited page.
- Must be uploaded into IvyLearn as an attachment.